Underrepresented communities are often the missing voices and players at influential decision-making tables.
To shape more inclusive policies, build cross-cultural relations, and advance racial equity, FOTL-BCL employs multiple approaches that align with our local needs and cultural context:
- Recruit, equip, and connect low-income, immigrants, and people of color to strategic boards, commissions, and relevant decision-making institutions in the Northwest suburbs
- Provide training and support for leaders of underrepresented communities already on strategic boards, commissions, and relevant decision-making institutions
- Engage public institutions in the NW suburbs to foster a culture of equity, inclusiveness, and diversity
- Provide culturally-responsive capacity building and leadership training opportunities for individuals and organizations to accelerate policy and systems change
- Elevate our narrative through increased public education and story-telling