Every student’s dream is to be the best in their class and they will do anything to make it come true. As they might get good score in some subjects, they still have some portfolios, having a good record in their attitude at school, joining some organizations and extracurriculars, and many more things that will burden them if they’re not ready for them. However, with the stressful environment for the students, some excellent students still have their successful academic career. It makes many people want to strive to be like those excellent students. How to be like them? Let’s find out 10 habits of those star students.
The Best Habits Of Highly Successful Students
In class, there might be some stars who have the best scores and get their reputation among the teachers. If you strive to be one of the brightest students in your class, then some of the most effective habits done by the successful students will help you to be as bright as them, too. Here are 10 habits of highly successful students:
- They don’t multitask. They tend to focus on a problem and they will solve them first before start doing another task. It will also let your brain and body work in a particular method. Thus, you will be more focus.
- Be an organized person, as you will need to meet the schedule for studying, doing your hobby, or even just lay on your bed to rest. You have to always make sure you know the schedule you make.
- Do you think the successful students don’t have enough sleep? Nope. They have their high-quality sleep as it helps their brain to develop. Eight hours of sleep will be enough for every student so they will not get exhausted in the morning. Time to shove the phone away!
- If you want to focus on studying, then make sure you know when to study a particular object. Divide the materials so you will not get overwhelmed with the materials you have for studying. Study marathon will not be good for your brain and your body as well.
- If you want to remember more about the materials or some important things, then make sure to take note about it. Taking notes is a perfect thing to keep your mind focused during classes. You will also remember the materials as you remember the points and narrow them down.
- Make a schedule you can commit. It doesn’t matter how you make them, but your commitment is the most important thing. You know your studying habit and you can make a schedule based on your habit. It will make you feel more relaxed as well as focused when studying.
- Managing your study area to be neat and well-organized is a simple yet important thing to do. Find a place where you can get enough light with good air circulation. It will help you to focus and concentrate during your study session
- Apply the right study strategy. Rather than having a marathon of a particular subject, you can study the subjects in small pieces and understand the basics of the subject you learn. It will make you feel more attached with the materials.
- Ask question when you need. In classroom, you might find some things that might not be understandable. It will be easier for you to ask them to your teacher. Remember, the classroom is your place to optimize the learning process.
- If you get bored studying alone, then you can study with your friends. Find a study group that will help you improve your knowledge. However, you will need to be comfortable with them, too.
Starting The Hard Part: The Beginning
Reading those 10 points might be simple, but applying them to your daily studying routine will not be as easy as it seems. Indeed, the starting point is the hardest part among all. So, make sure you start easily. Don’t push yourself too much as you might hurt yourself. Make sure you know when you start and when to stop. Don’t overwhelmed yourself with unrealistic target. Be kind to yourself, as the only person who will save you is your own self. So, make sure you know your limit and don’t push too much!